Encore is committed to providing an environment for our customers, staff, board, volunteers, and community that welcomes everyone and celebrates diversity through striving for inclusion, equity, and accessibility for all!
Non Discrimination Policy
Encore Theatre Group does not, by policy or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Política de no discriminación
Encore Theatre Group no discrimina por política o práctica a una persona o grupo sobre la base de raza, color, religión, género, orientación sexual, origen nacional, edad discapacidad, identidad y expresión de género, estado civil o militar o sobre la base del estatus individual en cualquier grupo o clase protegido por la ley federal, estatal o local aplicable.
Equity and Inclusion Policy
Regarding diversity, equity and inclusion, Encore Theatre group actively attempts to:
• Communicate to our staff, volunteers and participants our strong belief that diversity, inclusion, and
equity are an integral part of our mission.
• Seek out and remove inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services on a continuing basis, seeking advice from key relational partners in the communities we serve.
• Ask “hard questions” in order to expose any underlying assumptions that may be interfering with creating an equitable and inclusive environment.
• Encourage our board and staff to think about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address and correct those inequities.
• Challenge assumptions about the qualities we seek at the leadership levels of our organization.
• Commit time and resources to expanding and recruiting more diverse leadership within our board, staff, and advisory bodies.
• Remove obstacles to accessibility of our programs, including physical as well as financial obstacles.
Some of the ways we plan to accomplish these goals are:
• To strengthen our leadership at all levels by creating and supporting programs and policies that
foster leadership that reflects the diversity of the various communities we serve.
• To partner with existing organizations within the community in order to expand offerings for
• To provide training to our board and staff to continually improve our efforts at increasing
• To ensure that all of our casting decisions are subject to these policies and that all artists clearly understand and feel that they have equal opportunities within our program.
• To actively recruit leaders within the communities we serve to serve at all levels of our organization, from the Board to the Executive team to the Creative team in order to ensure that everyone in our community feels represented within our organization.
• To make our audiences, constituents and volunteers aware of our policies regarding equity and inclusion by placing statements outlining them on our website, in our Playbills and in our marketing materials.
• To expand our outreach beyond our local community to make the arts more accessible to constituents in other local communities who may not have ready access to arts programming.
I have been involved in theater nearly all my life and have many wonderful experiences and made a lot of great friends but it wasn't until I came to ENCORE that I found a true theater "home." Through ENCORE I have made friendships that I believe will last a lifetime.
The mission of Encore Theatre Group is to build community and transform lives through the performing arts. As part of that mission, the Board and staff are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community where all participants, employees, and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected as part of our community. We provide equal opportunity for participation, employment and advancement in all our programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and wish to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Encore Theatre Group’s Cultural Equity and Inclusion Statement
The mission of Encore Theatre Group is to build community and transform lives through the performing arts. As part of that mission, the Board and staff are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive,
and equitable community where all participants, employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected as part of our community. We provide equal opportunity for participation, employment and
advancement in all our programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and wish to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive environment
with equitable treatment for all.
Policy : Available Below
ENCORE Main Stage Productions:
Beauty and The Beast
Guys & Dolls
How to Eat Like A Child
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Into The Woods
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Shrek The Musical
Seussical the Musical
The Drowsy Chaperone
The Little Mermaid
The Sound of Music
Wizard of Oz
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Evening of Student One-Acts
Much Ado About Nothing
Romeo and Juliet
Taming of the Shrew
Summer Camp Productions:
Alice In Wonderland Jr.
101 Dalmatians Kids
Guys & Dolls Jr.
Lion King Jr.
Little Mermaid Jr.
Peter Pan Jr.
Schoolhouse Rock Jr.
Willy Wonka Jr.